Life at Ken-Caryl Ranch Newspaper
In 2015, Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District (KCR) engaged with us to create a new look for their bi-weekly community paper. The paper is distributed to 4,700 residents in Ken-Caryl Ranch.
With the redesign, KCR had the following goals in mind:
- Update the overall design of the paper layout
- Increase font size and readability throughout
- Make the front page standout using imagery and content blocks
- Rework masthead on front page including change of font
- Support advertisers with new ad designs, changes and or pre-flight of camera-ready artwork.
- Keep the dimensions of the paper
- Provide a PDF version for online viewing
Daniel is the lead developer at Boomerang Marketing. Daniel is our guru when it comes to WordPress and website development.Daniel’s formal education includes a BFA from The Savannah College of Art and Design. He chose to pursue a career in web development and has worked in the industry for over 10 years.
1 The Result
- Large feature image on the front page with content blocks as opposed to a lot of text.
- Working with the printer, we were able to move to a full-color cover and inside spread. This accents the great photos of events, residents and spectacular views.
- Going to full-color on the inside spread opened an opportunity for advertisers. Ad upgrades for color spots have been a popular addition.
- Improved margins and section headings make it easier to read articles.